All that was left following my very successful Health, Wellbeing and Meditation workshop organised by Julie for the wonderful Moving On group in Essex on Saturday.
Jamie Oliver’s ‘No Added Sugar’ Brownies.
Remember dried fruit contains a lot of sugar so the sweetness here comes from the dates.
So this is NOT ‘sugar free’ but the point is that there is no ‘added refined sugar’ used in this simple recipe. It is up to you to be mindful of the sugar content and think about the sizeof the slices you choose to cut and think of it as a treat!
- 200g high % chocolate (85% – 90% or higher) broken into bits
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 200g pitted (stone-less/pitted) dates
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Oven 180°c
- Chuck broken chocolate and bicarbonate of soda into a mixer (like a Magimix) mix until it looks like sand.
- Add all other ingredients and mix up.
- Pour into a cake tin 20cm x 20cm
- Bake in an oven for 20-25 minutes
- Cool for an hour and slice up to serve!